On Tuesday 16th January, East Perth Eagles held the Annual General Meeting. Thank-you to those who attended.
After 10 years on the board and just over 9 years as President, Tim Symons has decided to step down and relinquish the reigns.
In his resignation address, an emotional Tim expressed the big space this club holds in his heart. This outcome was a planned succession and Tim will remain on the board to provide guidance.
In a bitter sweet moment, after 8 years as Vice President and 9 years on the board, Carl Filpo has also stepped down to clear the way for new leadership. Carl has been hands-on in the club since his appointment, but he is looking forward to committing his time to the NBL1 Men's programme and his role as head coach. Carl will also remain on the board as he has a wealth of intrinsic knowledge to impart to the board.
These two men were a great team and in their partnership had many accomplishments for Eagles. They can say they have grown the club to what it is today. Their accomplishments include;
- More than double the growth of the domestic competition.
- Triple the number of WABL teams with the majority of growth occurring in the women's programme.
- Recruitment of high profile coaches to deliver high performance programs and further development for our aspiring WABL players.
- Building the connecting pathways for our juniors to the NBL1 programme which sees more East Perth juniors participating at NBL1 level than ever before.
- Bringing the WABL uniform in line with the NBL1 uniform to create a unified club.
- Securing multiple venues for games and training.
- Working with the stadiums committee to petition and succeed in building new courts at Morley Rec.
- Running of all basketball activities at Morley Rec Centre including senior social competitions and mid week Aussie hoops.
- Negotiating and securing the new grandstand for Morley Sport and Rec in our Red, White and Blue.
- Bringing NBL1 back to Morley Sport and Recreation Centre.
Director of Finance
Posted on Jan 20, 2024